INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SUPPORT SPECIALIST
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Bridgewater College seeks a full-time Information Technology Support Specialist. This position will provide support and training to all campus constituents as it relates to first-tier support of information technology services, network account creation, and helpdesk ticket processing.
Though not exhaustive, the essential responsibilities of the position include the following:
- Serves as primary for phone support and assists team members in answering calls, addressing service or escalation issues, and applying independent decision-making to resolve problems or escalate to tier 2 support.
- Acts as triage for all Information Technology related support calls.
- Enters and routes support tickets to appropriate departments.
- Ensures support tickers have appropriate information and details so all issues can be quickly diagnosed and resolved.
- Creates end-user network accounts for new faculty, staff, and students and assists with onboarding/offboarding inquiries related to accounts.
- Troubleshoots and provides live support for account access and setup.
- Performs all introductory technology orientation of new employee training, ID card records including photo and access control, as well as extended help desk coverage in the Forrer Learning Commons.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 1-3 years’ experience working with end-user support required.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to appropriately prioritize multiple tasks.
- Effective interpersonal, collegial, verbal, and written skills essential; service commitment essential; ability to work well both independently and as part of a team; comfort with details and change.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment with the highest regard for customer service and end-user technology support.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people of varying levels of computer literacy.
- Proficient in MS Office suite, mobile devices, Windows as well as Mac OSX to provide support to faculty/staff and students.
- The optimal candidate will be self-motivated with a strong work ethic. Strong teamwork, problem-solving, interpersonal, and communication skills are essential.
Pay is competitive, and salary is commensurate with experience. This full-time position offers a full benefits package, including paid tuition at the College for eligible dependents.
GENERAL INFORMATION: Bridgewater College was founded in 1880 as the first coeducational college in Virginia. Bridgewater offers bachelor’s degrees in approximately 60 majors and minors, along with four graduate programs, pre-professional programs such as medicine and law, and teacher licensure. The College is a member of NCAA Division III and the Old Dominion Athletic Conference, with 23 intercollegiate athletic teams. The vibrant residential campus is located in the town of Bridgewater, Virginia, near the city of Harrisonburg in the center of the Shenandoah Valley. An excellent school system, healthy business environment, numerous arts and cultural events, one of the state's lowest crime rates, and a variety of outdoor opportunities and historic attractions draw many to the region.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Email email@example.com
APPLY: Please complete the online application at www.bridgewater.edu/careers, supplying a CV and cover letter demonstrating your interest and ability, along with names and contact information of three references. Please direct queries to Human Resources (firstname.lastname@example.org.)
DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled.
COMMITMENT TO EQUAL OPPORTUNITY: Bridgewater College, an equal opportunity provider and employer, is a welcoming and vibrant community committed to supporting a diverse workforce and actively seeks applications from women, minorities, and other persons from traditionally underrepresented groups. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, marital status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Non-Discrimination Notice: https://www.bridgewater.edu/legal/non-discrimination-notice/
ANNUAL SECURITY REPORT AND ANNUAL FIRE SAFETY REPORT: The Bridgewater College Annual Security Report and Annual Fire Safety Report summarizes policies on campus security and personal safety, crime prevention, fire safety, and crime reporting, and includes crime and fire statistics for the past three years:Annual Security Report
To request a printed copy, please call 540-828-5761