Certified Medication Aide - Madonna ManorCHI Living Communities
Job Description: The Certified Medication Aide administers oral and topical medication, including controlled substances, to residents as prescribed by their attending physicians under the direction of a registered or licensed nurse. This position also requires assisting residents with activities of daily living and other nursing assistant duties to ensure quality care
- Assists licensed staff in administering non-parental medication, including controlled substances.
- 2. Administers treatments as prescribed by physicians in accordance with facility policies.
- Functions as a nursing assistant when instructed to do so by the Director of Nursing and/or Nurse Manager.
- Completes administrative work as required.
- Maintains knowledge of equipment set-up, maintenance, and use.
- Reports observations to licensed personnel.
- Maintains resident care supplies, equipment, and environment.
- Maintains general knowledge of the effects and side effects of drugs commonly used and those they are permitted to administer and principles, procedures and practices regarding drug administration.
9 Signs for all oral and topical medications she/he has administered.
- Assists with the provision of the care to residents (within qualifications) and participates in social and activity programs in order to help meet the physical, mental, social, and spiritual needs of the residents to promote a happy, safe, and fulfilling environment.
- Satisfies all educational in-service requirements mandated by CHI Living Communities, the department, external accrediting, and regulatory agencies.
- Attends all mandatory in-service programs.
- Adheres to facility policies and procedures.
- Completes yearly online education program by deadline.
- Attends employee meetings on a regular basis.