Director of Auxiliary FinancesCoastal Carolina University
Director of Auxiliary Finances
Coastal Carolina University seeks applicants for the position of Director of Auxiliary Finances (Accountant/Fiscal Analyst III) in Auxiliary Enterprises. The Director of Auxiliary Finances will be responsible for the budget process, accounting, analysis, and cost and revenue projection for the self-support and funded units within Auxiliary Enterprises and serve on the division’s senior leadership team reporting to the Vice President.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Directing the budgeting process for Auxiliary Enterprises units to include regular training, reporting, development of pricing models, and creating documentation of the process and its outcomes;
- Monitoring budget versus actual reports for all units;
- Reviewing and approving departmental budgetary adjustments; collaborating closely with the Financial Services staff;
- Providing fiscal analysis for all Auxiliary Enterprises units and projects including construction and renovation, contracts, expenditure monitoring, collections, vendor payments, pro forma financial statements, internal controls, audit, and risk assessment;
- Ensuring all Auxiliary Enterprises staff responsible for purchasing or serving as budget officers are trained in all state, University, and divisional laws, policies, and guidelines related to the expenditure and collection of monies;
- Recommending and implementing policies and procedures consistent with federal, state, and local law as well as industry best practices;
- Supporting the efforts of Auxiliary Enterprises staff in administering an equipment and property inventory system and leading the divisional efforts related to insurance for facilities, contents, and vehicles in collaboration with relevant campus departments;
- Preparing revenue and expense projections for all Auxiliary Enterprises units as well as business plans and projections for future periods of operation;
- Conducting comprehensive cost-benefit analyses of current and future operations within Auxiliary Enterprises in collaboration with unit directors and staff;
- Providing exceptional customer service to all constituents, including but not limited to, faculty, staff, students, visitors and the community at large;
- Performing form other duties as assigned by the Vice President for Auxiliary Enterprises.
A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business or related field and professional experience directly related, such as accounting, auditing, finance or commercial lending are required. Master’s degree in accounting or business administration and finance or accounting and experience in a University setting are preferred.
The successful candidate will have knowledge of principles and practices of higher education financial management to include budgetary processes.
The successful candidate must have the ability to organize and oversee a complex financial system, establish and maintain effective working relationships, interpret and analyze financial data and reports, and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.