Senior Project Manager-Supervisor
Senior Project Manager
East Carolina University
Information Technology and Computing Services (ITCS) is the central agency that supports enterprise- wide computing at East Carolina University. ITCS, through innovative information technology initiatives and service, provides opportunities for the ECU community to excel in teaching, research, and service using state-of-the-market technology and collaborative environments. ITCS is first and foremost committed to providing excellent information technology support for faculty, staff, and students. ITCS partners with campus departments, other universities, and industry to make strategic investments in information technology infrastructure that will help maintain a competitive advantage in administrative applications, faculty research, and outreach to the state and nation. We will achieve this through increasing the core functions and deploying appropriate technology throughout the university.
The ITCS Project Management Office (PMO) purpose is to streamline project delivery and initiatives at ECU. Working collaboratively with cross-campus departments and talented ITCS technical professionals, the PMO aims to provide project onboarding, guidance, support, coordination, monitoring, and reporting.
As a Senior Project Manager , you handle these tasks:
- Supervises four (4) IT Project Managers with responsibilities for developing and executing all project related plans.
• Leads management of ITCS project portfolio including primary point of contact for project intake.
• Serves as IT Project Manager on critical/high priority projects.
• Provides knowledge of Vendor Management and ensures contract deliverables are met.
• Facilitates the quarterly ITCS project prioritization process.
• Communicates and delivers presentations, metrics, dashboards, briefings, and project updates to leadership.
• Monitors, maintains, and curates the ITCS project backlog.
• Completes Post Project Implementation Reviews (PPIRs) to ensure project delivery quality.
• Develops program of high quality Project Management training for the ECU community.
While working as an Senior Project Manager, enjoy these perks:
- May be eligible to participate in a Remote/Flexible Work Arrangement (FWA) program
- 24 days annual leave, 12 days of sick leave and paid state holidays
- Attractive pension plan
- Tuition benefits
- Comprehensive health care benefits
- See additional information about working at ECU: https://working-at.ecu.edu/
We are looking for a candidate with these preferred skills:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification.
• Working at a Higher Education Institution.
• Waterfall, Agile, and Hybrid methodologies.
• Cross-functional project management experience.
• Information technology applications, processes, software, and equipment.
• Performance skills, service mindset approach, and the ability to act as a mentor.
• Communicating and delivering presentations, metrics, dashboards, briefings,
and project updates to leadership.
Additional details about the position, including the full job description, qualifications, and instructions for submitting application materials may be found by accessing this link: https://ecu.peopleadmin.com/. Applicants must complete a candidate profile online via the PeopleAdmin system and submit the documents requested to be considered for the position.
East Carolina University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Visit this job posting at https://ecu.peopleadmin.com/postings/54010