The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is currently seeking a HR Assistant to join our team of professionals.
- Serves as the first point of contact by welcoming visitors and answering all incoming calls for the main office of Human Resources within the Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine (HWCOM HR). Maintains HWCOM HR email address and replies to inquiries as needed.
- Serves as a back up to the HR Specialist with the enrollment of new hires into the Canvas Catalog to the required courses based on their job descriptions and provides On-Boarding information including FIU email and Panther ID number. Follows up with supervisor if trainings are not completed by deadline. Escalates to the HWCOM HR Director to resolve any issues.
- Completes the hiring process for Student Assistants (including Student Tutors and Federal Work Study Students) and ensures that all pre-employment requirements are met, such as the completion of I-9 paperwork and collection of supporting documents. May provide support with temporary hire requests as needed.
- Completes change requests for Admin/Staff for various HR actions such as allocation changes, one-time payments, changes in supervisor/duties, etc.
- Provides support to the HR team with candidate reference checks and other administrative support such as scheduling interviews and obtaining salary expectations from prospective candidates.
- Coordinates and schedules events, recognition programs, meetings and/or trainings requested and maintains outlook calendar. Registers attendees for trainings and ensures that all necessary Information Technology needs are requested.
- Conducts inventory of office supplies and ensures orders are placed as needed by collaborating with the designated HR representative.
- Assists in the Person of Interest (POI) process for HWCOM, including the annual medical resident process. Reviews requests, ensures proper forms are utilized and submits/tracks requests in the PantherSoft system.
- Performs related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
High school diploma and two (2) years of experience in area of responsibility.
One (1) year of office and/or clerical experience preferred.
To apply, please visit us on-line at https://hr.fiu.edu/careers/, click on “Prospective Employees” or “Current Employees” and search for job opening ID 527492.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.