Program Coordinator - 527339
The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is currently seeking a Program Coordinator to join our team of professionals.
- Collaborates and assists the leadership team in the development and implementation of a comprehensive admissions process for the Master in Physician Assistant Studies (MPAS) program. Assists in the review and evaluation of policies and procedures. Makes suggestions and recommendations.
- Reviews applications submitted through the Centralized Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA) and participates as an active member in the Admissions Committee. Maintains documents for interviewees and assists in the creation of an admission record for accepted students which include pre-matriculation documents. Prepares related reports as required.
- Coordinates the daily administrative operations for MPAS and serves as the main point of contact for questions regarding admissions, enrollment, and student support services. Manages the MPAS department email account.
- Reviews and approves excused student absences in accordance with the MPAS Student Handbook. Maintains accurate records of student attendance and routes requests to appropriate administrators for processing.
- Monitors and tracks compliance for students in the didactic and clinical phases of the program. Communicates with students regarding deficiencies in compliance requirements. Completes ongoing compliance audits to ensure requirements are being met.
- Prepares and compiles compliance reports, utilizing but not limited to, CanvasMed, Complio, and the Disability Insurance payment portal. Provides student compliance status and updates to the leadership team as necessary.
- Receives and records grades in PantherSoft (PS). Assists in phases and functions of student matriculation, course creation, and registration in PS.
- Coordinates the maintenance and permanent security of each matriculated MPAS students official academic record including official documents pertaining to student promotion, disciplinary actions, leaves of absence, withdrawals, and other changes in student status.
- Plans and coordinates all aspects of the Student Evaluation and Progress Committee meetings. Prepares meeting materials as directed by the Committee Chair. Maintains accurate records, meeting minutes, and drafts student correspondence. Participates in departmental meetings and provides additional administrative support as needed, including minute taking.
- Assists in the development, planning, and implementation of virtual and on-campus recruitment events. Works closely with the Assistant Director of Admissions for recruitment events and student activities, including Orientation, White Coat, and Graduation.
- Facilitates and processes graduate verification forms required for physician assistant licensure in collaboration with the Registrar’s office. Maintains accurate records on file.
- Ensures confidentiality of student records in compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). Maintains a current understanding of federal, state, and institutional policies and regulations as they relate to academic procedures and records.
- Completes requests related to accreditation as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Bachelor's degree and two (2) years of office or related experience.
- Previous experience in higher education preferably in student affairs services and/or financial aid.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information or to apply, please visit us on-line at http://careers.fiu.edu and reference job opening ID JOBID: 527339. Qualified applicants must submit a letter of interest accompanying their curriculum vitae with names and addresses of three professional references.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.