Driver PositionForbes Distribution
Driver Position - Full Time
We are looking for a driver to participate in our distribution operations. The position has a wide range of duties and responsibilities. The goal is to increase efficiency, profitability and customer satisfaction.
- At least 24 years old.
- Must have clean driving record.
- No Violations, No Tickets.
- Must be able to pass DOT physical and drug screen.
- Ability to operate forklift, pallet jack and standard tool set.
- Able to lift and carry up to 80 lbs.
- Ability to operate commercial vehicles up to and including 26' box truck and follow DOT rules and regulations.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to provide high level of customer service, creating a strong professional relationship with customers, coworkers and vendors.
- Able to communicate effectively and cooperate with supervisors and coworkers.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Must be on time and professional appearance required.
- Must be able to work days (Monday-Friday) with occasional nights and/or Saturdays.
- Complete routine vehicle inspections.
- Properly load and unload freight into and out of trucks using forklift/pallet jack.
- Securing load in truck to prevent damages.
- Drive vehicles to correct destination and unload freight according to site requirements.
- Complete various types of required paperwork, including hard copy as well as web based app paperwork.
- Keep trucks clean and free of garbage and debris.
- Minor assembly/carpentry as needed.
- Assist supervisor as needed.
- Hourly rate for this position is variable depending on experience.
- Position pay ranges from $12.00 to $16.00 per hour.
- Paid holidays after 90 days.
- One weeks' vacation after one year.