Human Resources OfficerGeorgetown Kraft Credit Union
Position: Human Resources Officer
Reports To: President Status: Exempt
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or equivalent work experience in Human Resources, Organizational Development, or Labor Relations.
- Background in employee administration, compensation, benefits, payroll, and employee relations.
- Knowledge of state and federal human resources laws and regulations.
- Good leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Positive attitude and ability to work with others.
Basic Functions: This position will be responsible for the overall administration, coordination, and evaluation of the human resources function of the credit union. The human resources officer will serve as a consultant to management on human resources issues by identifying needs, developing solutions, and implementing policies and procedures that will benefit employees and the credit union. The individual should also be knowledgeable regarding credit union products, industry trends, and all financial activities to be able to serve and meet member needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and manage all credit union human resources functions.
- Responsible for insuring that all laws, regulations, and policies regarding human resources are followed.
- Manage the talent acquisition process including interviewing, hiring, and onboarding.
- Act as the point of contact for all human resources matters for employees.
- Responsible for payroll processing and keeping accurate and up-to-date employee records.
- Prepare reports, as needed, regarding employee information and data.
- Keep job descriptions up to date, accurate, and compliant with federal and state laws.
- Responsible for keeping human resources policies accurate and up to date.
- Participate in the development of the credit union’s programs with an emphasis on the impact to employees.
- Work with management to create and manage a compensation strategy and salary range for all job functions.
- Implement and maintain procedures for assessment, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, and performance of employees.
- Assist management in maintaining a succession plan for the credit union.
- Protect the interest of employees and the credit union in accordance with laws, regulations, and policies.
- Manage all benefits and paid time off for employees.
- Develop and maintain an employee wellness program.
- Work with managers on matters relating to employee conduct.
- Evaluate recommendations for disciplinary actions up to, and including, terminations.
- Work with management to build and maintain a positive culture of engagement, collaboration, and teamwork.
- Work with staff to ensure that performance standards are being met.
- Develop and maintain the employee evaluation process.
- Respond to questions and/or issues from credit union staff and make appropriate referrals, recommendations, suggestions, etc.
- Respond to member questions and/or concerns in a prompt and professional manner.
- Provide quality member service both in person and over the phone.
Physical Activities and Requirements:
- Duties include typing, writing, etc.
- Ability to speak accurately and clearly.
- Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
- Average, ordinary visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents.
- Sedentary work, sitting most of the time.
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds, such as coin bags.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Work is performed indoors with minimum levels of noise.