Administrator (Charleston - SC)James Island Public Service District
We are seeking an experienced Administrator to serve as Leader of our Management Team.
- Reports to the Commission
- Supervises the CFO, Fire Chief & Directors of Safety, Wastewater Services, Solid Waste Services, Human Resources and the Administrative Coordinator
- Plans, directs, and organizes the administrative and operational activities of JIPSD in accordance with the policies of the JIPSD Commission & applicable State & Federal regulations.
- Receives the Commission’s guidance through the Commission Chair.
- Qualified applicants will have: Master’s Degree in Public Administration and 8 years of high- level administrative & financial management in a local government or State agency.
- Is on an annual employment contract & not “At Will” employment.
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of pre-employment requirements, to include but not necessarily be limited to: pre-employment physical, criminal background check, and drug/alcohol screen.
Qualified females, minorities & veterans encouraged to apply
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
James Island PSD, P.O. Box 12140, Charleston, SC 29412, Attention: Mr. Eugene Platt, Administrative Committee Chair, & Mr. Alan Laughlin, Commission Chair