Senior Accounts ConsultantMcClatchy
Do you love sales and like to be paid for performance? We’ll provide the support, structure, products and training if you’ll provide the enthusiasm. The McClatchy Company is seeking digitally proactive sales professionals for our Myrtle Beach, SC office. This position will focus on large senior accounts.
For over 160 years McClatchy has been a national leader in consumer news and business marketing. We are seeking self motivated sales executives that are committed to help clients successfully market their business utilizing both traditional media and cutting edge digital products. The Senior Accounts Consultant will work out of The Sun News in Myrtle Beach, SC but will have unlimited sales boundaries.
The successful candidate will grow revenue with new and existing accounts by identifying opportunities, collaborating with the digital strategy team to create solution based marketing proposals and closing business.
- Determine upsell opportunities with existing client base
- Identify and capture new business revenue through a consultative sales approach
- Secure long term business while building solid relationships
- Research and provide industry, competitive and marketing insights to clients
- Create marketing proposals with emphasis on digital solutions
- Manage relationships by reporting campaign results to ensure client satisfaction
- Identify follow-up opportunities for up-sell and cross-sell
- Embrace a “hunter” sales mentality
- Ability to understand a client’s needs to provide ROI and impactful results
- Have understanding of local market and competitive landscape
- Excellent networking, presentation and communications skills
- Driven, sales oriented, self motivated, and persistent
- 4+ years in sales/marketing
- College degree required.
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to build relationships.
- Understanding of basic marketing concepts.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Must have access to a dependable vehicle and valid driver's license.
The fulltime position includes a competitive salary, commission program, and a comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) match. The Sun News is part of McClatchy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.