Job Class: Management Analyst 2
- Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
- Date Posted: 06/21//2022
- Closing Date: 07/05/2022
- Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Administration Dept / Administration-MAPE
- Division/Unit: Payroll / RMD Support Services
- Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift
- Days of Work: Monday - Friday
- Travel Required: No
- Salary Range: $22.38 - $32.49/hourly; $46,729 - $67,839/annually
- Classified Status: Classified
- Bargaining Unit/Union: 214 - MN Assoc of Professional Empl/MAPE
- FLSA Status: Nonexempt
- Connect 700 Program Eligible: Yes
In this position you will support the systems, financial, and underwriting operations of the Risk Management Division of the Department of Administration. This position ensures the correct and timely payment of compensation, medical, and related reimbursement for claims filed by injured State of Minnesota employees. This position is integral and necessary if the Division is to accomplish its mission. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Approve payments for indemnity payments, settlements, legal and other invoices to ensure accuracy and timeliness in accordance with the workers’ compensation law.
- Assist with policy renewal and reimbursement transactions.
- Perform work in the SWIFT (Statewide Integrated Financial Tools) accounting system.
- Generate a variety of reports (e.i., quarterly premium and loss, supplemental benefit reimbursement, and other management assigned reports).
- Along with team members, ensure data quality by producing necessary data elements that support the mission of the Risk Management Division.
- Conduct internal audits and underwriting support, when required.
- A. degree in accounting, finance, or a closely related field and one (1) year of professional level accounting experience.
- Experience working with data and information management, data research and analysis, and data reporting in a network database environment.
- Accounting skills and knowledge of GAAP principles sufficient to reconcile payments and reports accurately.
- Intermediate to advance Microsoft Excel skills necessary to independently complete assignments in accordance with established time frames.
- Problem solving and organizational skills necessary to indepedently complete assignments in accordance with established time frames.
- Ability to utilize critical thinking skills and analyze complex information and issues sufficient to identify and recommend solutions.
- High attention to detail, accuracy and the ability to manage multiple tasks and timelines.
- Strong communications skills to clearly relay technical information with all levels of staff within the department, in other state agencies, with external agents and brokers, and with other service providers.
- A./B.S. in related field.
- Educational background and/or experience with commercial multi-line and/or self-insurance programs are highly desirable.
- Experience with the State’s accounting system SWIFT.
- Experience with the State’s personnel management system SEMA4.
- Knowledge of Workers’ Compensation.
- Knowledge of property and casualty insurance programs.
Successful applicant must pass a criminal background check through the American Databank and employer reference checks.
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
Our differences make us stronger and leveraging them helps us create a workforce where everyone can thrive. The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to embedding diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility at our workplace. We do this by developing strong leaders and advocates, increasing cultural competence and understanding among all employees, and removing institutional barriers and attitudes that prevent employees from advancing as far as their talents will take them. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, familial status, receipt of public assistance, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, or age.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply to the MN Careers website http://www.mn.gov/careers Job ID 55417. Applications not submitted through the Careers site will not be accepted.
If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637.
If you have questions about the position, contact Ifrah Dualeh at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email email@example.com. Please indicate what assistance you need.