Information Technology Specialist 3
About the Opportunity:
This position exists to provide support and expertise to the Unix/Linux Operations and Support Team and is responsible for working with leadership for the planning, implementation, administration and maintenance of the MSRS cloud environments and operational strategy. This includes support operations for Unix/Linux Servers across the enterprise.
Minimum Qualifications –
- (3) Three years of professional level experience in a network environment.
A Master's degree in Information Technology or a related field may substitute for 18 months of experience, related Bachelor's degree may substitute for 1 year, or related Associate's degree may substitute for 6 months.
Experience must include the following:
- Experience with Linux or a similar operating system
- Experience with cloud platforms AWS, GCP, Azure, or similar platforms
- Knowledge and skill working in a Windows environment using office support products such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Visio
Preferred Qualifications –
- Scripting in Python/Ruby
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Chef or comparable.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tools such as Terraform or comparable.
- Cybersecurity experience
- Experience with web application middleware
- Database experience
It is the policy of the Retirement Systems of MN that all employees submit to a background investigation prior to employment. The background check may consist of the following components:
- SEMA4 Records Check (applies to current and past State employees only)
- Criminal History Check
- Employment Reference Check
- Social Security and Address Verification
- Education Verification
- Driver's License Check
**The Retirement Systems will not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.**
Why Work for Us:
The State of Minnesota also has over 100 state agencies, so the possibilities of serving our great state through a multitude of programs and roles are endless! The State of Minnesota also has our own Enterprise Talent Development department to keep your skills and knowledge sharp. You may also qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness, which forgives the remaining balance of your student loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments!
What’s also great about this job is the competitive wage and comprehensive benefits package including low cost/high value medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, retirement plan, health care savings plan, generous vacation and sick leave, paid holidays, and numerous tax-deferred benefit options (e.g., 457B investment plan, long and short-term disability plans, etc.). Benefits offered are:
- Medical and dental insurance
- Life insurance
- 11 paid holidays per year
- Parental leave
- Affordable dependent care
- Pension and retirement saving plan
- Vacation and Sick leave
- Long and short term disability insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
HOW TO APPLY:
Job Posting Number: 57461
Posting Closes: 8/15/2022