Operations Support - Director
FINANCIAL INFO SVCS AGENCY
Job Posting Notice
Job ID 567108 # of Positions 1
Business Title Operations Support - Director Title Code No 95622 Level 00
Civil Service Title IT SECURITY SPECIALIST Proposed Salary Range $150,000.00 - $160,000.00 (Annual)
Title Classification Non-Competitive
Job Category Technology, Data & Innovation
Career Level Experienced (non-manager)
Work Location 5 Manhattan West
Division/Work Unit Ops/Operations Sup Mgmt
As of August 2, 2021, all new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability. If you are offered city employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by the hiring agency.
Director – Operation Support
FISA is seeking a highly motivated and experienced manager to oversee the Operations Support group within the HR/Payroll and Timekeeping Division. This position is for a seasoned manager who will have responsibility for overseeing several teams responsible for the on-going operations of the HR/Payroll and Timekeeping Division. The group includes Job Management, QA/QC, Application Security, Mainframe, Timekeeping, and PeopleSoft Configurations.
The manager must be self-motivated with a positive attitude and must be willing to work with application and technical services teams on day-to-day activities as well as tactical and strategic project initiatives.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the Deputy Executive Director for HRP/Timekeeping Operations, the Director has the primary responsibility of:
• Ensure that the scheduler application (dSeries) is configured to safely support both peak and regular usage levels and that any issues are escalated as documented.
• Ensure that processes are in place to actively monitor online and batch operations.
• Ensure that system response times are within acceptable levels.
• Ensure that resources are scheduled and available for the different process shifts
QUALITY ASSURANCE/QUALITY CONTROL
• Ensure that the Payroll Management System (PMS) and Pension Payroll Management System (PPMS) processing calendars are created, maintained, and published per daily, quarterly, yearly schedule.
• Have a working relationship and liaise with other HR/Payroll and Timekeeping groups .
• Document and ensure that QA/QC processes and procedures are updated and adhered to.
• Document and implement application security updates, processes, and procedures.
• Ensure to collect and maintain required changes for all HR/Payroll and Timekeeping security re-certifications.
• Prepare and present findings and feedback to the Internal and External Audit groups.
APPLICATION CONFIGURATION (Mainframe, CityTime, NYCAPS)
• Ensure that programming source code and job scheduling code for PMS, PPMS, New York City Automated Personnel System (NYCAPS), and Citywide timekeeping (CityTime) applications are maintained and updated appropriately.
• Ensure that any batch processing issues are addressed and resolved quickly and efficiently in accordance with FISA mandates.
Minimum Qual Requirements
A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and four years of satisfactory full-time experience related to projects and policies required by the particular position; or,
Education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1" above.
• 15+ years’ experience in IT management, multiple roles in systems implementation, supervision of technical personnel, architecture, security/compliance, and business wide strategic planning
• 10+ years’ experience managing an IBM AIX environment
• 7+ years’ experience in Backup and Recover for day-to-day operations and Disaster Recovery
• 5+ years’ experience supporting large ERP application (e.g., PeopleSoft) or application environments
• Excellent troubleshooting, analytical and problem solving skills
• Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to establish a roadmap for operational improvement
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written), interpersonal, and organizational and strong project management skills.
• Self-motivated with ability to work well with other groups in an enterprise wide, large-scale matrix environment
The City of New York offers a comprehensive set of benefits and programs to employees, including health insurance, pension plan, Deferred Compensation Plan (with 457, 401K and Roth IRA options), pre-tax Commuter Benefit program, pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts programs and more. Additional benefits such as prescription drug coverage, dental benefits, vision care benefits and more are also available through District Council 37 – Local 2627, the union that represents employees in this title.
External applicants please visit https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/ to apply to Job ID # 567108. Current NYC employees may apply via Employee Self Service (ESS). While all complete applications will be given consideration, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by FISA-OPA.
Public Svc Loan Forgiveness
As a prospective employee of the City of New York, you may be eligible for federal loan forgiveness programs and state repayment assistance programs. For more information, please visit the U.S. Department of Education’s website at StudentAid.gov/PSLF.
35 hours Weekly/Day
5 Manhattan West
New York City Residency is not required for this position
POSTING DATE 01/04/2023
POST UNTIL Until Filled
The City of New York is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.