Prestwick Irrigation Technician IIPrestwick Country Club
Myrtle Beach, SC Full time
Posted on January 12, 2018
Reports To: Golf Course Superintendent and Assistant Superintendent
Purpose of Position: Operate, maintain, troubleshoot and repair golf course irrigation system.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily inspection of irrigation and drainage system.
- Takes an active role in determining daily irrigation requirements.
- Operation and repair of Toro Lynx computerized central control system including the development of all irrigation programs and interpretation of the daily course reports function.
- Operation of (15) Toro Network VP computerized satellite controllers; responsible for troubleshooting individual computer components within satellites and making required repairs, as well as, keeping all firmware up to date in all controllers.
- Must have thorough understanding of Network Radio Link and FIU with Radio functions to troubleshoot and repair true 2-way wireless communication between Toro Lynx central control system and (15) on-course Network VP satellite controllers.
- Requires thorough understanding of Lynx Remote Access system to ensure all iPads and smart phones interface properly with the Toro Lynx central control system (troubleshoot as necessary)
- Maintain and repair Toro Turf Guard Wireless Soil Monitoring System (must be able to troubleshoot radio interface plus replace in ground sensors and radio repeaters as needed)
- Operation of main pump station including Variable Frequency Drive pumps and computerized control panel.
- Repair of irrigation and drainage system. Repairs will range in size from simple landscape type irrigation to complex repairs involving pipe up to 8" in diameter requiring substantial excavation.
- Supervise all irrigation and drainage repairs involving other teammates.
- Determines needs of additional irrigation and drainage.
- Helps prepare budgets for irrigation and drainage needs.
- Carries a company cell phone and responds to irrigation emergencies.
- Assists in any renovation projects.
- With support of company, stays abreast of technology advancements related to irrigation system.
- Possesses a valid driver's license.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must have a valid driver's license with a good MVR.
- Must have the ability to work on site for all scheduled hours.
- Must have an understanding of irrigation systems and repairs.
- Must be familiar with the troubleshooting of electrical components
- Must be able to operate a computer.
- Positive attitude.
- Ability to interact well with others in a team environment.
- Physical requirements should include frequent lifting up to 50 lbs, pushing, pulling, bending, digging, kneeling and climbing.
- Some type of physical exertion is required 90-100% of the time.
- Must be prepared to work outside during a variety of weather conditions, including heat, cold and rain.