Data Manager (R22-52)
About RF for SUNY at the University at Albany:
Employment is with The Research Foundation for the State University of New York, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that provides essential sponsored program administration and innovation support services to SUNY faculty and students whose ideas and research generate ground-breaking discovery and translate to entrepreneurial and economic development opportunities for New York State.
Working at the SUNY Research Foundation for the University at Albany, you will be part of a team that provides essential services to the University as it moves to the front ranks of American higher education, supporting the advancement of education, research and discovery. The University at Albany, a nationally recognized research university with outstanding faculty, researchers and staff, offers challenging, exciting and rewarding careers to those who seek opportunities to grow and excel.
Description of Duties:
The Data manager will validate and verify data collected at air quality research sites, perform simple and high level analyses of data under the direction of the project director, and organize data into well-documented web accessible data bases for use by the research and air quality communities. The Data manager will work with Windows and UNIX based computers to produce data bases and analysis products, both working with existing data analysis software packages, and writing data reduction routines to fit the needs of the research. The Data manager will be responsible for documenting all work done, including procedures created or modified; and for writing reports describing data validated, analyzed, and archived. The Data manager will work closely with site operators at field stations, and other group members, to insure timely and complete collection of quality assured data.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in the field of science, math, engineering, computer science, or statistics from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or an internationally recognized accrediting organization.
- Proven experience working with data reduction tasks or organization of databases of experimental data.
- Computer programming skills in UNIX or Windows environments, and solid working knowledge of at least one analysis package such as S-Plus, R, MATLAB, and/or Python.
- Experience configuring software and hardware for Windows or UNIX machines.
- Strong math and statistics skills, including robust regression and times series analysis.
- Strong work ethic and exhibit a willingness to embrace and work within a culturally diverse environment.
- M.S. degree in science, computer science, or math from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or an internationally recognized accrediting organization.
- Experience plotting scientific data for presentation and publication.
- Experience with instruments used in the research program.
- Familiarity with atmospheric chemistry concepts and chemical compounds measured by our programs.
- Experience writing scientific papers and presentations.
- Experience with at least one data analysis software package.
- Experience creating and maintaining web pages for research groups or data archives.
Salary Range: $42,000 - $50,000
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, The Research Foundation for SUNY will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.
The Research Foundation for The State University of New York offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. The University at Albany offers a variety of performing arts, world class libraries, and competitive sporting events.
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, along with a letter of application to https://rfhr.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=152163
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.