Director of EngineeringSea Crest Resort
Holiday Inn @ the Pavilion - Director of Engineering
The Chief Engineer is required to manage the day to day operations of the Maintenance Department. Must possess the ability to work well with internal management and staff as well as outside support to develop and maintain a continuing atmosphere of peak guest satisfaction and enhance employee productivity and safety. Excellent interpersonal, customer service, communication, team building and problem solving skills are required. Must be able to handle stressful situations and be willing to work long hours when necessary. Must be able to get along with coworkers and work as a team to exceed customer expectations.
Benefits include: 401(k), major medical and supplemental plans, up to 6 weeks a year vacation.
Salary $35K per year
- Oversee daily operations of the maintenance department to include renovations of resort facilities & guest units
- Performs work orders and maintains resort facilities as directed. (This is a hands-on/ working position).
- Conduct daily walk-through of units and inspection of resort's physical structure including, but not limited to, all mechanical and electrical systems.
- Assist with maintaining costs and meeting project deadlines.
- Maintain an efficient and productive staff.
- Provide safety and security guidelines to team members.
- Supervise, coach and train team members.
- Set standards for the department by following all company policies and procedures.
- Recommend procedural changes in order to make department run more smoothly.
- Manage and control inventory costs for materials, equipment and supplies within established budget.
- Provide superior customer service in accordance with company operating standards.
- Consistently practice and maintain the highest standards of professionalism when interacting with fellow team members, management, owners, members and prospects.
- Operate office machinery (i.e., computer, copy machine, fax machine).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Five (5) years of engineering experience.
- Working knowledge of electrical systems, plumbing, HVAC, boilers, swimming pools and spas.
- Working knowledge of methods & principles of engineering.
- General knowledge of OSHA standards.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to lead and mentor a team.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Previous experience in the hospitality industry.
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Time management; the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Problem analysis and problem solving skills.
- Initiative and adaptability.