Residential Child Care WorkerTARA HALL HOME FOR BOYS
Residential Childcare Worker
TARA HALL HOME FOR BOYS, a long-term residential school located on the beautiful Black Mingo Creek in Georgetown County, is currently seeking a Live-In House Parent/ Residential Child Care Worker (RCCW) that is a compassionate caregiver with the ability to recognize and understand the needs and feelings of our youth. The RCCW provides direct care hands-on support, training and coordination of service for youth. Daily responsibilities include daily living, housekeeping, transportation, medication administration, planned activities and other duties while implementing Tara Hall's rules. Position requires RCCW to live on Tara Hall's campus for five consecutive days during the week (Sunday-Saturday).
Tara Hall Home for Boys offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes paid RCCW training, room and board, medical and life insurance after 3 months of employment, retirement plan (vested after 3 years of employment) as well as two weeks paid vacation at Christmas.
High School diploma, college degree preferred, valid SC driver's license with good driving record, ability to pass pre-employment background check process and drug screen.
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with co-workers
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with youth
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- High personal values and standards that serve as models for youth
- Basic knowledge of first aid Sensitivity to the service population's cultural and socioeconomic characteristics