Local Accounts RepresentativeThe Sun News
McClatchy is seeking a Local Accounts Representative to join our sales team at The Sun News in Myrtle Beach SC. This position will help local clients successfully market their business through traditional media and cutting edge digital products. The successful candidate will identify opportunities, create solution based marketing proposals and close business.
- Determine upsell opportunities with existing client base
- Identify and capture new business revenue through a consultative sales approach
- Secure long term business while building solid relationships
- Research and provide industry, competitive and marketing insights to clients
- Create marketing proposals with emphasis on digital solutions
- Manage relationships by reporting campaign results to ensure client satisfaction
- Identify follow-up opportunities for up-sell and cross-sell
- Embrace a “hunter” sales mentality
- Ability to understand a client’s needs to provide ROI and impactful results
- Have understanding of local market and competitive landscape
- Excellent networking, presentation and communications skills
- Driven, sales oriented, self motivated, and persistent
- 2+ years in sales/marketing
- College degree required.
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to build relationships.
- Understanding of basic marketing concepts.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Must have access to a dependable vehicle and valid driver's license.
The fulltime position includes a competitive salary, commission program, and a comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) match.
The Sun News is part of McClatchy and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.