Email and Content Manager, UC Online
Email and Content Manager, UC Online
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati puts education into action, ranking among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to more than 47,000 students, 10,500 faculty and staff and 330,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.”
With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, worldwide leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 athletic conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.6 billion and its endowment totals $1.8 billion.
At UC, today’s possibilities spark tomorrow’s reality.
About the Department
At the University of Cincinnati Online (UC Online), we deliver a world-class experience for students seeking online flexibility and University of Cincinnati quality. From inquiry to graduation, we push the boundaries of what is possible and drive innovation in online education at the University of Cincinnati. With a student-centric approach and data-driven decision-making model, we support students through the online lifecycle of program discovery, program participation, and degree attainment. Our students realize their hope for a better future through real-life learning at an institution with a legacy of research, innovation, and accomplishment.
Responsible for the development of unique email campaigns and communication along with creating content to drive increased student enrollments and revenue for University of Cincinnati Online (UC Online) certificates and degree programs.
- Perform essential functions and duties with UC Online’s Customer Relationship (CRM) platform and related marketing tools.
- Create emails that attract prospects and help to drive conversion.
- Measure and analyze the success and failure of email sends to optimize send times, subject lines, content, etc.
- Regularly measure the effectiveness of content marketing and brand email strategies and communicating KPIs to stakeholders through dashboards and reports.
- Perform A/B testing on different subject lines, visuals and content to optimize click-through and conversion.
- Serve as the email subject matter expert for UC Online.
- Build new drip campaigns for marketing, recruiting and retention as needed while also refreshing and optimizing existing campaigns.
- Standardize the look, tone and feel of emails across the organization while ensuring communications align with university branding standards.
- Build a repository of email templates for recruiting and retention to use and personalize as needed.
- Develop targeted campaigns to identified consumer personas and create tailor-made email content to ensure maximum ROI.
- Conduct competitive secret shopping to see what competition’s emails look like and ensure UC is at the leading edge of email marketing.
- Create web content for programs and overall UC Online as needed by working with the appropriate marketing manager. This would include researching the subject area and then copywriting a compelling piece incorporating key search terms.
- Help identify process improvement areas.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Six (6) years of relevant work experience and/or other specialized training can be used in lieu of education requirement.
- Two (2) years of experience in email marketing, including leveraging email platforms, and content creation.
Additional Qualifications Considered
- Graphic design experience.
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Office environment/no specific unusual physical or environmental demands.
Compensation and Benefits
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
If interested, please visit https://bit.ly/3uVr3lP
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.