Data & Awards Coordinator
The Connecticut Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation (CCEI) in the School of Business is seeking a full-time Data and Awards Coordinator (Administrative Program Support 2). The incumbent will report to the Director of CCEI and will primarily support administrative activities of the Center related to the distribution of funds to program participants and database coordination, but may be asked to provide other support as needed. The position will be located in Hartford with regular weekly travel to work at the Storrs campus CCEI office location. Evenings and some weekends may be required in support of program events. Occasional in-state travel will also be required in support of program events and activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include but are not limited to:
- Supporting administrative activities of the Center related to the distribution of funds to program participants and database coordination.
- Processing all financial transactions relating to the disbursement of prizes, awards, sub-grants, and scholarship payments to program participants.
- Tracking and reconciling expenses across each award for each program participant.
- Coordinating travel and the purchase of supplies as related to the needs of specific programs and award specifications.
- Assisting program participants in the preparation of team budgets; approving individual budgets and making decisions related to participant expenditures.
- Coordinating and maintaining CCEI’s Salesforce database which includes all program participant data, as well as ongoing data tracking for startup companies over time. Regularly reviewing data to ensure accuracy, reconciling differences, and making corrections as needed.
- Assisting in the preparation of program surveys and assessments and administering the collections, compilation, and reporting of information to key stakeholders.
- Compiling data and preparing reports used to monitor or assess Center activities, programs, and services or project future needs.
- Acting as a resource to students, faculty, staff, and external constituents for information regarding the interpretation and application of policies and regulations governing CCEI activities and programs.
- Maintaining records and preparing necessary reports.
- Staying informed of changes to University policies and procedures related to primary areas of responsibility.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, entrepreneurship, or a related field.
- Two to three years of administrative experience in higher education, business, or entrepreneurial setting.
- Proven experience with supporting a grant-funded or foundation-funded program including experience with the distribution of grant and/or foundation funds.
- Proven flexibility, initiative, good judgment and discretion, and experience resolving problems efficiently, effectively and independently.
- Demonstrated experience working accurately and meeting deadlines.
- Proven experience preparing budgets and monitoring spending against budgets.
- Proven experience maintaining a database.
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, with the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with students, faculty, staff, and external constituents.
- Willingness and ability to work nights and weekends.
- Dependable transportation and willingness and ability to travel to both the Storrs and Hartford CCEI locations regularly as well as other UConn campuses and in-state locations.
- Demonstrated experience working in a higher education environment in a university setting.
- Demonstrated experience processing detailed financial-related transactions.
- Demonstrated experience using Kuali, Concur, HuskyBuy or similar financial systems.
- Proven experience with Salesforce or other customer relationship management databases.
- Demonstrated experience supervising student workers and/or other employees.
This is a full-time position based in Hartford and Storrs, CT.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment at the University of Connecticut is contingent upon the successful candidate’s compliance with the University’s Mandatory Workforce COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. This Policy states that all workforce members are required to have or obtain a Covid-19 vaccination as a term and condition of employment at UConn, unless an exemption or deferral has been approved.
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #496291 to upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on May 3, 2022.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.