Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Location: Dillon, SC
Reports To: Maintenance Team Leader
1. Purpose: Maintain and improve overall facility and manufacturing equipment.
2. Key Result Areas:
- Responsible for personal safety and compliance with all HSE requirements.
- Responsible for good housekeeping in work area.
- Will be required to work on breakdowns, PM's, capital projects and scheduled maintenance.
- Work independently and/or with instructions from Management and/or Engineer.
- Must be fully proficient in reading and interpreting pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical prints.
- Must be able to weld, burn, pipe fit and do electrical assembly work.
- Will be required to troubleshoot manufacturing equipment and make timely repairs.
- Will be required to work with and understand PLC's.
- Must have the ability and skills to use maintenance hand and power tools.
- Will operate a lift truck as required.
- Any other duties that may be required of the position, including but not limited to plumbing, HVAC, and lift truck/man-lift repairs.
3. Working Relationships: Works closely with operations and contractors.
4. Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years technical courses from an accredited vocational/technical school or college.
- Must have at least 3 years of industrial maintenance experience and qualified troubleshooting skills in the fields of electrical, hydraulics, pneumatics, and PLC's.
5. Skills & Behavior:
- Must have the ability to work safely and abide by all Company HSE standards.
- Must have good communication skills both written and verbal, and the ability to keep accurate records.
- Working knowledge of microprocessor machine controls (PLC's) required.
- Must be quality conscious.
- Must be an independent worker and have proven excellent work attendance record.
- Must have the ability to effectively follow complex instructions.
- Team oriented.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits with an opportunity for professional growth. Vesuvius is an Equal Opportunity Employer.