Sr. IT Inventory Control Analyst - CLS_1874P
Sr. IT Inventory Control Analyst
This mid-level lead role completes the annual asset inventory for NOVA’s Manassas/Woodbridge campus, and any inventory reporting required by the college, the VCCS, or the Commonwealth of Virginia. This position is responsible for insuring campus inventory records as accurately maintained by campus IT staff in compliance with College Computing inventory policy. This position acts as campus power user/inventory administrator for the campus inventory system, Asset Panda, and is responsible for ensuring staff are updating and maintaining asset deployment records, as well as asset relocation records accurately.
Position is primarily day shift reporting to either the Manassas or Woodbridge campus of NVCC; however, organizational requirements may demand work on evenings, nights and weekends or working at other locations.
Duties and Tasks:
- Act as campus senior lead for Technology Inventory Management
- Use Enterprise Management Tools like Asset Panda to maintain Asset records
- Organize campus Inventory in enterprise Management tools in compliance with College Computing directives
- Comply with security policy in performance of tasks
- Complete tasks within project time-lines.
- Plan, coordinate and monitor the tasks of junior staff in completing Inventory Maintenance, routine cycle counts, VCCS GAP Analysis, and Annual Full Inventory of all Technology Assets.
- Ensure Asset records are maintained for computers, laptops, peripherals as well as Classroom equipment like audio visual systems.
- Act as senior level escalation point for IT inventory issues, as well as inventory reporting
- Assist Campus and college leadership in life cycle planning, and life cycle management of technology assets.
- Act as campus lead/administrator for the Inventory Management System in tools like Asset Panda.
- Responsible for planning, over-sight and execution of routine Inventory counts.
- Responsible for managing accuracy of AV inventory, and location updates within the inventory tracking system.
- General end user support tasks for computer users, and classroom technology users.
- Planning and execution of inventory tasks, supervising project task completion of junior staff, while reporting to IT Campus Leadership
- Supports end users in the use of classroom technology
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned. May be required to assist the agency or state government generally in the event of an emergency declaration by the Governor.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to provide on-site, in person end user support
- Knowledge in using automated systems for managing technology inventory.
- Ability to act as the responsible party for inventory tasks.
- Working knowledge of LAN/WAN networks
- Ability to analyze information and evaluate results to choose best solution to resolve problems
- Ability to coordinate and organize the activities of small teams
- Ability to (1) identify and assess customer needs, (2) meet those needs with quality standards for service, and (3) evaluate customer satisfaction
- College Degree in a relevant area or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Significant experience with general support for computer users
- Significant experience supporting various inventory tasks
- Significant experience managing Inventory process for an enterprise
- Significant experience tracking asset location, and relocation over asset life cycle.
- Significant experience using Microsoft Business Applications
- Significant experience performing AV systems support
- Significant experience providing high level of end user support as a member of IT staff
- Experience leading small groups, and coordinating action of others to complete specific tasks
- Ability to plan and complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Competency managing Large volume of asset records in a fast paced environment
- Experience managing inventory in an automated system, with preference for experience using Asset Panda.
- Experience with technology life cycle planning and life cycle management
- Experience creating different tools like databases, spreadsheets etc. to improve inventory process or improve accuracy of inventory.
- Experience generating various reports for inventory analysis and inventory utilization.
- Previous work in college or education environment
- Experience managing asset utilization efficiency in an enterprise
- Industry certifications for inventory management, asset management, or Asset Panda use
- May be required to travel between campuses.
Primary work schedule will be Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. or 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with one evening shift of 11:00 am to 7:30 pm. or 11:30 am to 8:00 p.m. The needs of the organization may require weekend hours or overnight hours as the situation may demand.
Special Instructions to Applicants
In support of the Commonwealth’s commitment to inclusion, we are encouraging individuals with disabilities to apply through the Commonwealth Alternative Hiring Process. To be considered for this opportunity, applicants will need to provide their Certificate of Disability (COD) provided by a Certified Rehabilitation Counselor within the Department for Aging & Rehabilitative Services (DARS). Veterans are encouraged to answer Veteran status questions and submit their disability documentation, if applicable, to DARS to get their Certificate of Disability. If you need to get a Certificate of Disability, use this link: https://www.vadars.org/drs/cpid/PWContact.aspx , or call DARS at 800- 552-5019.
Hiring Range-$63,000 - $69,000
Please apply at https://jobs.vccs.edu/postings/56166 by 02/06/2023.
Northern Virginia Community College (NOVA) is the largest public institution of higher education in the Commonwealth of Virginia and one of the largest community colleges in the nation. NOVA enrolls nearly 75,000 students on its six campuses in Alexandria, Annandale, Sterling, Manassas, Springfield, and Woodbridge, as well as through NOVA Online and high school dual enrollment programs. The College offers more than 100 affordable associate degree and certificate programs to help our students reach their academic and professional goals in some of the most in-demand careers. At NOVA, we are deeply committed to fostering an inclusive community for all students, faculty, and staff, and our diverse workforce is representative of this commitment. To this end, we encourage all applicants seeking to add value through their diverse backgrounds, experiences, and interests to consider employment opportunities with NOVA. To learn more about NOVA’s commitment to inclusive excellence, please visit our website.
NOVA offers eligible employees a benefits package that includes a comprehensive health and dental insurance program, generous paid leave, deferred compensation plans, paid parental leave, state employee discounts, and a solid and secure retirement program.
We strive to ensure our employees have the tools and development opportunities to support and promote NOVA’s mission. For more information about NOVA and its programs and services, please visit our website at www.nvcc.edu.
The security of our students, faculty, and staff is very important at NOVA. Please take a moment to review NOVA’s Annual Security Reports.
Background Check Statement Disclaimer
The selected candidate’s offer is contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background investigation, which may include: fingerprint checks, local agency checks, employment verification, verification of education, credit checks (relevant to employment). Additionally, selected candidates may be required to complete the Commonwealth’s Statement of Economic Interest. For more information, please follow this link: http://ethics.dls.virginia.gov/
The Virginia Community College System, an EEO employer, welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds and recognizes the benefits of a diverse workforce. Therefore, the VCCS is committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. We prohibit discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, mental or physical disabilities, political affiliation, veteran status, gender identity, or other non-merit factors.
The VCCS is an EOE and Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Acts (ADA and ADAAA), VCCS will provide, if requested, reasonable accommodation to applicants in need of access to the application, interviewing and selection processes.
VCCS uses E-Verify to check employee eligibility to work in the United States. You will be required to complete an I-9 form and provide documentation of your identity for employment purposes.