Local Accounts ConsultantThe Sun News
Serious about your sales career? The McClatchy Company is seeking amazing sales professionals that love the art of the sale, aspire to be on the cutting edge of digital advertising, believe in helping clients succeed, rise to challenges and like to get paid for performance. We have an immediate opening for a Local Accounts Consultant in our Myrtle Beach, SC office. This position is perfect for individuals that have a passion to expand their career.
The successful candidate will grow revenue with new and existing accounts by identifying opportunities, collaborating with the digital strategy team to create solution based marketing proposals and closing business. We’ll provide the support, structure, products and training if you’ll provide the desire to win.
- Understand and assess and develop plans for areas for growth (cross-sell/up-sell/new customers) within identified opportunity categories and assigned geography and share insights with local sales team
- Utilize category-specific value propositions to incorporate impactful insights into proposals
- Target and build relationships with existing clients and potential clients within the local market
- Create proposals after gaining a complete understanding of the client’s needs
- Communicate the ROI of the solution and educate the client on the solution, as needed
- Actively manage relationship by reporting campaign results to ensure client satisfaction and identify follow-up opportunities for up-sell and cross-sell
- Smoothly transition accounts to and from other teams as necessary based on spending level and customer needs
- Able to identify and capture new business revenue
- Understands each client and their unique business needs in order to provide ROI-impactful solutions
- Exhibits technical competency, e.g. updating our CRM, creating client-ready proposals in PowerPoint, etc..
- Researches and provides insights to the clients
- Comfortable networking at events and working trade-shows
- Driven, sales oriented, self starter, self motivated, and persistent.
- 3 years outside sales experienced is preferred.
- 3 years of B2B sales required.
- College degree preferred.
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to build relationships.
- Understanding of basic marketing concepts.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Must have access to a dependable vehicle and valid driver's license.
The fulltime position includes a competitive salary, commission program, and a comprehensive benefits package. The Sun News is an Equal Opportunity Employer.